Subject: Re: VT1200 X Terminal
To: None <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Max Bell <mbell@europa.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/22/1997 20:40:44
>From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
>
>Surprisedly I became owner of one of these VT1200 X terminals.
>Unfortunately I have no software or anything to get it working.
>I assume that it needs some mop or tftp server to download
>it's X server from.
>
>Sorry if this is off-topic but maybe some kind soul cab help
>me out.

The VT1200 X terminal I used was monochrome and had all its
server code in on-board firmware (aka ROM).  Assuming yours
is the same, you should be able to configure it by hooking
it up, turning it on, and hunting thru the menus.  Note that
the VT1200 was designed when X11R4 was current and hence
knows nothing about font servers, or any other X5 or greater
feature.  It did work well given this limitation.

Max