Subject: troubles in installing netbsd
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: K.R Kidambi <kalyan@shemshak.gsfc.nasa.gov>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/1997 13:47:24
Hello,

I'd appreicate any help in this matter. These are the problems we are having
installing netBSD.

We tried to install via the the "miniroot" process.  This as you all know
involves
setting up raw partitions on a second drive.  Once you have a second drive
you can write a special miniroot file for NetBSD to the swap or "b" partition
of the second drive with the UNIX "dd" program.

This miniroot is supposed to allow you to boot up to the point where you
can install the distribution via a type of bootstraping procedure.  I've
tried this from both SunOS and Solaris and the result with both is that the
boot
attempt on the miniroot file tells me that; "This file does not appear to
be executable".

Is something amiss? Should I try some other way of installing it?

Thanks a lot for any help, suggestions, pointers and Id appreicate it if you
can send mail to me

kalyan@shemshak.gsfc.nasa.gov

Kalyan

			Kalyan Ram Kidambi