Subject: Re: Installing more memory slows down my machine
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <TIM_R@cii.ciinet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/12/1997 12:03:22
#>My machine, a DECpc 466D2lp with a Kingston TurboChip 133 is currently
#>running with 32MB (2x16) of RAM.  I have tried to install more RAM (to
#>a total of 40MX (2x16 + 2x4) or 64MB (4x16)), but in both cases I am
#>loosing performance.
#>
Just curious.. how much cache do you have..  I would imagine it would
slow it down a tad if you only had say 128k or so..
I don't know about that much of a slowdown..  Also.. are your memory
timings the same?  Did you add maybe EDO chips to old style ships?
Are all your bios refresh rates staying the same? Some bioses like to
auto-reprogram your timings when you add memory.

Just some ideas..

Tim Rightnour - timr@cii.ciinet.com
Communications Integrators Inc
(ph)602-491-1186 (fax)602-491-2195