Subject: Re: Mouse Problem
To: aaron@edge.net, Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <TIM_R@cii.ciinet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/10/1997 08:05:34
#>>From: Aaron Groom <aaron@edge.net>
#>>
#>>Hello, I'm running NetBSD/i386 1.2 with XFree86 3.2 and I have a PS/2
#>>mouse.  I recompiled my kernel to allow psm0 support and when I start x
#>>the cursor shows up but when I try to move the mouse it just moves around
#>>on the left-hand corner of the screen.  If I try to move it to the right
#>>it just stays on the left side of the screen.  I have my XF86Config file
#>>set up for a PS/2 mouse on /dev/pms0.  What could I be doing wrong?

I just had this problem this weekend.  Running a logitech marble on a
serial port worked perfect with "Microsoft"  However changing it to
the pms0 somehow required the MouseMan or MouseSystems (cant remember
which).  I have found X's interpretation of mice to be totally
unpredictable, and now whenever booting a new mouse.. I just start at
the top of the list and try them all.

Tim Rightnour - timr@cii.ciinet.com
Communications Integrators Inc
(ph)602-491-1186 (fax)602-491-2195