Subject: Re: xload problems with recent NetBSD-current
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/10/1997 09:02:15
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.netbsd-help: 3-Mar-97 xload
problems with recent .. by "Paul M. Newhouse"@a.crl
> I'm running a NetBSD-current (about a month old).  When I run
> xload I get:
>
> xload: can't open kvm files hX?wnX?wtX?w
>
> what am I doing wrong?  This worked before I installed the
> above mentioned current?

    Actually, I fixed this problem by making xload suid kmem.  For some
reason it worked before being root.wheel 0755 on my system, I checked
out a Linux system and it was root.kmem 2755, so I tried that on my i386
box just for kicks, and it's been working since.

                                                          Will Ferry

William O Ferry <woferry@CMU.EDU> | finger:  woferry@WarpDrive.RES.CMU.EDU
talk:  finger for online status   | http://warpdrive.res.cmu.edu/~woferry/