Subject: PPP Server Help...?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D. Jay Newman <jay@sprucegrove.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/07/1997 10:16:51
Hi:

I have gotten one of my machines to run as a ppp *client* without
problems.

Now, I'm trying to make another netbsd machine (i386, 1.2, within a
week of current) into a ppp *server*, with the modem connected to
the tty01 (the mouse port). This machine will *never* call out, only
accept calls.

Does anybody have any solutions for this? There are two problems that
I can see:

1. When I attempt to login, it hangs while either waiting for "login: "
   or its response (my username).

2. How do I keep the server up after I close the connection from the
   client end (or its broken unnaturally). I would like to be able to
   login again. :)

I would prefer to do this without kermit, but I will if I have to.
--
D. Jay Newman                   ! For the pleasure and the profit it derives
jay@sprucegrove.com              ! I arrange things, like furniture, and