Subject: Re: 2nd Hard Disk
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/06/1997 17:05:01
Wow.  I better start drinking coffee.  Yes, that's sd1a!  You don't want
to newfs your existing partition!

Rick

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Brett Lymn wrote:

> According to Rick Byers:
> >
> <lotsa good stuff elided>
> >
> >-Create your file systems using newfs.  "newfs /dev/sd0a" should be good
>                                                 ^^^^^^^^^
> >enough.  Do it for each partition that you have set to a BSD type (not
> >necesary for swap partitions).
> >
> >Now you should be able to mount those partitions (mount /dev/sd0a
>                                                          ^^^^^^^^^
> >/newdir).  You'll probably want to add an entry to /etc/fstab so that they
> >get mounted on boot.
> >
> >Hope this helps.  Be carefull you allways type in sd1 instead of sd0, you
> >don't want to overwrite your old disklabel (or worse - on the newfs).
> >

> Good advice :-)  (no problems with the method, just thought I would be
> picky and highlight the typos just in case)
>
> --
> Brett Lymn, Computer Systems Administrator, AWA Defence Industries
>   "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/