Subject: Re: disklabel?
To: Aaron Groom <aaron@edge.net>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/05/1997 22:33:25
Hi Aaron,
Yes, you need to add a new entry in the disklabel for the dos partitions.
Use disklabel -e to edit your disklabel.  Increase that number of
partitions and add one (usually it's f, but if you really don't have an
'e' partition, you can put it there).  Don't worry about the bsize and
fsize, leave them blank.  The fstype is MSDOS.  Make sure you get the
sectors right also - dos starts on head 1 (not head 0 - usually sector
63).

Once the disklabel is setup properly, you should just be able to do:
mount -t msdos /dev/wd0e /msdos

Hope this helps,
	Rick

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Aaron Groom wrote:

> Hello, I'm running NetBSD 1.2/i386 on a IDE disk.  My first partition is
> msdos, how do I (or can I) configure (/dev/wd0a) to access my first
> partition?  Right now it only has /dev/wd0a (/) /dev/wd0b (swap).  Do I
> use the disklabel command?
>
> Aaron

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/