Subject: panic: vm_map_entry_create: out of map entries
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Sutterfield <Bob@XC.Org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/03/1997 10:57:59
We're running NetBSD 1.2 on a Hexium 200 with 64MB.  It had been doing
fine as a multidomain Web server.  A day or two after shifting a large
volume of email traffic onto the same machine, we started seeing
nightly reboots with a kernel core that gdb decodes as

     panic: vm_map_entry_create: out of map entries

I don't see any likely-looking config parameters to tweak, even in
the -current options(4).  The closest thing seems to be MAX_KMAPENT in
<vm/vm_map.h>, ominously described as the number of kernel map entries
to *statically* allocate.

Any better suggestions than increasing MAX_KMAPENT from 500 to 1000?
--
Bob Sutterfield                         +1 909 794 1151
Mission Aviation Fellowship / MAFlink Technical Manager