Subject: Re: Kernel
To: Aaron <aaron@edge.net>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/01/1997 00:02:21
> figured I had to define the "KERNEL_NOTCONTIG" (or something similar) and
> then it recompiled fine.  Any suggestions?
MACHINE_NONCONTIG

Edit GENERICAHA or GENERICOTH, Change the values of the drivers
for the devices you have to the correct ones. Remove stuff you
are *certain* you do not need. If in doubt, don't remove it.

Try compiling GENERICAHA or if you have a bustek GENERICOTH,
This should recompile fine, if it doesn't you've probably removed
too much stuff. Now try booting it. If this procedure fails,
try sending a copy of your config, a description of your
machine and asking the same question again.

Cheerio

--
The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity. (Mark Twain)
current	release=doc host=netbsd.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"