Subject: Re: Assorted Problems
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/30/1996 16:38:30
According to Peter Seebach:

>I thought the sh way to test for interactivity was something like
>case $- in
>*i*)

Ahhh but that precludes typing sh from the command line and getting
all your interactive bits unless you are in the habit of typing "sh -i".

Mind you - it seems that my method breaks under NetBSD /bin/sh, it
looks like the $PS1 is set regardless of whether the shell is
connected to a terminal.  I tried this on both SunOS and Solaris and
the $PS1 was not set when sh is not running interactively.  Is this a
bug in NetBSD sh or am I not doing things right AGAIN ;-)

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.