Subject: Re: Assorted Problems
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/28/1996 20:38:40
Hi,

no answer to 1)

> 	2)  The user account doesn't create a .cshrc file when I first
> log on to the system.  A .cshrc was created when I first logged on as root,
> but one was not created when I logged on through my user account.

.cshrc is not created when someone logs in. It must be copied into the
users home directory and after that hand edited by the user. This is not
different for root.

Where is question 3? :-)

> 	4) in /etc/passwd there are some extra fields, where would I look
> up information on these.  name:passwd:gid:uid:?:?:User Name:home
> directory:shell

> 	What are the two ? fields for?

what do we ship manuals for? man passwd gives a reference to man 5 passwd
which gives the explanation.

> 	5)  Is is possible to get my NetBSD HD to come up under boot
> options so I don't have to wait to load Amigados first?

You can install a bootblock that automatically loads NetBSD. See
ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/experimental or somewhere
around there. It's been working fine in my machine for quite some
time now.

  Guenther

P.S.: Next time I'd suggest mailing to port-amiga@netbsd.org as these
are amiga specific questions.