Subject: Assorted Problems
To: NetBSD help <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Rutherford <mirage@hpserv.keh.utulsa.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/28/1996 09:24:42
	I've just installed NetBSD Amiga And I have a few unexpected
problems, and questions.

	1)  The user account I've created echoes the ^? to the screen and
doesn't backspace over the character.  However the system aknowledges the
changes made to the line.  Seems like a corrupt shell, but the sh works
fine with root, do I have a problem with the tty settings?

	2)  The user account doesn't create a .cshrc file when I first
log on to the system.  A .cshrc was created when I first logged on as root,
but one was not created when I logged on through my user account.

	4) in /etc/passwd there are some extra fields, where would I look
up information on these.  name:passwd:gid:uid:?:?:User Name:home
directory:shell

	What are the two ? fields for?

	5)  Is is possible to get my NetBSD HD to come up under boot
options so I don't have to wait to load Amigados first?

	My system is a Amiga 2000 with 6 megs, (4 on A2630, 2 on A2091)
fast ram, 2 meg chip, Picasso II, 850 meg ADOS HD (SCSI 6), 130 meg NetBSD
HD (SCSI 0), and 1 Zip drive (SCSI 5).  The NetBSD formattd HD doesn't
appear on the boot devices menue.  NetBSD 1.1 (I've had it sitting on
disk for quite a while.)

Thanks in advance.

|Rob Rutherford               |Mandatory Disclaimer:                      |
|A.K.A. mirage                |                                           |
|E-mail                       |If my views were those of my university    |
|mirage@hpserv.keh.utulsa.edu |my tuition wouldn't go up every year.      |
|           URL http://hpserv.keh.utulsa.edu/~mirage/home.html            |