Subject: Re: Shared Libs and executables: How?
To: None <hacksaw@user1.channel1.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/27/1996 21:21:42
Quoting Hacksaw,

> O.K., that produces the libs, but how about the executables to refer
> to them?

> I have seen a -Bdynamic options for ld, the -shared option for gcc.

> These things tend to either complain, or do the wrong thing when I use
> them. (The wrong thing being compiling in static libraries).

You should not have to do anything special to produce dynamic executables
on systems that support them, because it is the default. Just make sure
to use -lXXX when linking, and make sure there is a shared lib (in this
case libXXX.so.X.Y where X is the major and Y is the minor revision
number) in your library path somewhere.

- Frank