Subject: help: telnetd error: "bind: Address already in use."
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <swt@ono.aca.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/25/1996 13:11:17
Hi -  I have the stock i386 binary distribution NetBSD 1.2 installed and I'm
having the following problem when telneting into the box.  telnetd -debug
when started from inetd spits out the following error message:

	bind: Address already in use

Here is a typescript:

[190](Ksh){556}`swt'ono> telnet hmm
Trying 198.97.45.13...
Connected to hmm.
Escape character is '^]'.
bind: Address already in use
Connection closed by foreign host.
[191](Ksh){556}`swt'ono>

Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how I can fix it?  The
configuration is stock, except I added the -debug option to telnetd in
/etc/inetd.conf.

Thanks for your help!
--
Stephen W. Thomas                       Internet email: swt@aca.com
Affinity Computer Applications, Inc.             Voice: (218) 723-2385, Ext. 11