Subject: Re: german keyboard?
To: None <w.cyrmon@htlwrn.ac.at>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/25/1996 01:22:13
>Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 15:29:21 +0100
>From: Werner Cyrmon <w.cyrmon@htlwrn.ac.at>

>how can I install a german keyboard (you know, one with the german
>umlauts,...).

Well, you plug it in, and it works. :-)
If you actually want it to produce German-specific characters, the
magic required depends on which NetBSD port you use.  On the i386, you
have to use pcvt.  You'll have to look around under
/sys/arch/i386/isa/pcvt for details.

>Every time I want t login my machine via telnet or rlogin from a second
>machine, the BSD-machine says: No ttys free (or something of this kind).
>Whats wrong?

You are running out of pseudo-TTYs (ptys).  You need to do one of two
things:

1) cd /dev; ./MAKDEV pty0 pty1
2) configure (more) ptys into your kernel; add or modify the line
   below to your kernel config, reconfig, rebuild, and reboot:

pseudo-device	pty	64
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>