Subject: Re: german keyboard?
To: Werner Cyrmon <w.cyrmon@htlwrn.ac.at>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/24/1996 21:52:44
On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Werner Cyrmon wrote:

> Hi BSD Gurus,
> how can I install a german keyboard (you know, one with the german
> umlauts,...).

	You dont specify which port you are using - netbsd runs on many
	different machines, and country specific setup varies...

> Every time I want t login my machine via telnet or rlogin from a second
> machine, the BSD-machine says: No ttys free (or something of this kind).
> Whats wrong?

	Try 'cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV all' - you're probably missing some tty
	devices.

> How can I install the machine as a tftp server (e.g. I want write config
> files of my cisco Terminalserver to this machine, and the
> terminalserver  should be able to boot from this config file)?

	Edit /etc/inetd.conf & remove the # from the "#tftp    dgram ..."
	line then 'kill -1 `cat /var/run/inetd.conf`' to enable the tftpd
	Check out 'man tftpd' for how to use it...

	(Hey, is it me or would a version of killall be _really_ nice :)

	Welcome to NetBSD!

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.--- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          Too drunk to care          |     The hell of the night before    |
|  Looked like death, felt like Hell  |    I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ Been the worse for wear ------'--- And still I'll drink some more --'