Subject: Re: german keyboard?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/24/1996 20:13:15
Hi,

> Hi BSD Gurus,

well, I wouldn't call myself a NetBSD Guru, but I try to answer anyway.

> how can I install a german keyboard (you know, one with the german
> umlauts,...).

That depends on the architecture you are working on. On the Amiga, you
do this with loadkmap.

> Every time I want t login my machine via telnet or rlogin from a second
> machine, the BSD-machine says: No ttys free (or something of this kind).
> Whats wrong?

Can't tell you offhad. Can you please provide the exact error message and
knowing what /etc/ttys lloks like would be helpful, too.

> How can I install the machine as a tftp server (e.g. I want write config
> files of my cisco Terminalserver to this machine, and the
> terminalserver  should be able to boot from this config file)?

You have to set up a tftp-deamon for this.
I guess 'man tftpd' is helpful with this problem.

  Guenther