Subject: Re: Emulex MD-21 with two LUNs works?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jari Kokko <jkokko@tnso13.tele.nokia.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/13/1996 21:40:11
In a message dated October 11 1996 Jason Thorpe wrote:
>I don't recall having to do this either; there's a separate control cable
>for the second disk.
>
>Definitely sounds like something's wrong, tho :-)  Hopefully, you can
>find someone with MD21 docs...

Thanks for the help,

I got it to work, I had two things wrong, browsing in
www.micropolis.com solved it for me, plus a little guess-work :-)

I had to change the drive's address, I had both at the same ESDI id, I
guessed a 1/7 gamble right the first time, couldn't find Emulex docs.

Also I had to remove the ESDI terminator circuit from the middle disk.

Then, I had to low-level the new disk, it was screwed up.

The daisy chained cable is the control cable, there are separate
cables for the data.

Jari Kokko