Subject: Re: lpd as mac printq?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/13/1996 01:43:00
I wrote:
>>I know that there is some (free) software to do this without
>>atalk, i.e. implement a tcp/ip lpr client on the MacOS side.

>Recently I found one or two such packages on the Info-MAC archives.  I
>haven't had a chance to try them, though.

Because several people asked me, I dug into the archives again and
found the following in the UMich Mac archives. That would be
ftp://mac.archive.umich.edu/

/mac/util/print/lpdaemon3.4.cpt.hqx
 73    3/21/95    BinHex4.0,Compact1.51

  Transmit files from Unix hosts through your Mac (which acts as a
  server), to be printed on LaserWriters on the Macintosh netw  Includes
  LPR 1.0.1, an lpDaemon client that submits jobs to a
  (UNIX) printer queue.  Both require MacTCP.  Different from
  /mac/util/print/lpr1.2.cpt.hqx

/mac/util/print/lpr1.2.cpt.hqx
 65      1/23/93    BinHex4.0,Compact1.51

   Print Mac files to a Unix lpd daemon (printing daemon, that is).  The
  files can be formatted by the Macintosh, or by the remote lpd daemon.
   Requires MacTCP.

--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.