Subject: Re: Kernel configuration
To: None <nopadon@news.scb.co.th>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/09/1996 16:43:08
>Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 11:07:20 +0700
>From: Nopadon Sae-Han <nopadon@news.scb.co.th>

>       I'm thank you verymuch for your kindness.
> I can compile kernel yet but don't know how to
> config kernel file. Which option I should remove
> or modify? How can I found information about config
> kernel file?

Usually the best way to generate a config file for your machine is to
start with GENERIC, remove drivers for devices that you don't have,
and remove options that you don't need.  Read config(8), and the
section 4 manpages for descriptions of the various devices.  There
isn't any documentation for the options yet.

I think the *BSD FAQ has info on this; it's posted to
comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.announce periodically.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>