Subject: Tape drive, amiga things
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Zoltan Kocsi <zoltan@bendor.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/05/1996 21:23:00
Hello,

I have an old tape drive, a Wangtek 5525ES SCSI rev 1.
I run NetBSD-1.1 on an Amiga 3000.
The kernel recognises the drive, simple mt commands such as rewind and
retension work. Tape status does not, and any command which would involve
read or write from/to the tape fails with invalid command <hexdump of
transactions>.
What can be the problem ?

An other, Amiga specific question:
Sometimes (quite rarely) the SCSI bus locks up, though only the
local disk is connected. The bus is terminated both on the
motherboard and on the disk side. Does not happen too often but
even once in two days is more than I like. What could I do ?

Thanks in advance,

Zoltan