Subject: NetBSD and FreeBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/22/1996 20:53:49
Okay, here's a relatively convoluted question, so please bear with me?

First, does NetBSD v1.1 support Win95 long filenames?

If so, is there anyway to compile a kernel for NetBSD-386 v1.1 on a
machine running FreeBSD v2.1.5?

I don't have access to a machine that I can install NetBSD on or this
would be a moot point.  I've heard that NetBSD does indeed support Win95
long filenames (something FreeBSD doesn't do quite yet), so I figured
that NetBSD may be the solution to my problem.  And, I've also heard
that NetBSD binaries can be run on FreeBSD machines and vice versa.

As you can all see, I've heard lots, but I don't know anything for
certain.  Any and all pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance for any
help.

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8