Subject: SLIP connections
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/18/1996 09:00:47
Hi Folks,
	I'm just getting started with NetBSD, and I have some questions about
SLIP connections.  I've read the FAQ on that point - the answer suggested using
something called "chat", and slattach.  In looking for the chat package (which
I did not find) I bumped into bsddip for FreeBSD - it looked promising, but I
wasn't sure about the compatability with NetBSD.  I will probably need
something
which supports scripting because I have to deal with a one time login key
system
as well as the normal user/password.

	My question is: what systems/packages/programs are currently available
for managing SLIP connections in NetBSD - what are people using?

	Thanks for any help or pointers...

	- Scott (srp@zgi.com)