Subject: Workman 1.3a almost works for me
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/1996 13:59:18
I grabbed the sources for workman 1.3a, since the old packaged
workman-1.22 has pointers to extinct libraries.  I noticed that John
Kohl's patches for NetBSD-1.0 have been included in the source module
plat_freebsd.c (sic).  However, some new changes since then appear to
have made Workman no longer completely functional with NetBSD,
specifically, some left and right volume sliders.

I managed to compile a binary by commenting out the "left" and
"right" lines:
       /** vol.vol[LEFT_PORT] = left; **/
       /** vol.vol[RIGHT_PORT] = right; **/
and
/**                   *left = unscale_volume(vol.vol[LEFT_PORT], 100); **/
/**                   *right = unscale_volume(vol.vol[RIGHT_PORT], 100); **/

The controls work, the program finds the cd length, etc., but no
sound gets to my Soundblaster.  How can I update the NetBSD patches
to point the sound to my soundcard?

Thanks, as usual.
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"