Subject: SB and ATAPI CD-ROM drivers
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@vortex.del.ufrj.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/11/1996 03:17:02
Hello, everyone.

I am running NetBSD for some time in my machine, which has an 8-bit
Sound Blaster Pro.  When I first installed NetBSD-1.1, sound was
great.  Some time and kernels later, I realized that the sound wasn't
working properly anymore (still before installing 1.2): I get a
long lasting (about 5 seconds) wierd noise when playing a file that
should sound as a 1 second 440Hz sine wave.  Is those kernel rebuilds
I had enabled sb0 device, so I don't know what is wrong.  Is there
any clue?

Still about sound cards, has SB 16/32 support been added to the system?

And finally, are ATAPI CD-ROM drives supported under latest -current
versions?  I read something about a project to add support to such
devices in NetBSD, but I don't know if it has already been added
to the distribution.  If not, where can I get more info about it?

Thanks in advance.

---
	Pappires