Subject: Re: hardware check in /etc/rc.local?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@awadi.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/1996 18:56:16
According to Andrew Gillham:

>After seeing a BSDI system send mail to root because of a hardware
>change, I decided I wanted my system to do the same thing.. :)

That looks like a good idea.  It may get a bit easier if I get what I
am working on done which should snarf the devices out of the kernel
and print them out.  Should make what you have done a bit more
reliable...

BTW Maybe someone can help me, I cannot see where the probed values
for the devices are stored.  I can see the cfdata stuff (and think I
understand cfroots) but that does not seem to have the device specific
stuff - where is that kept???

  "Upgrading your memory gives you MORE RAM!" - ad in MacWAREHOUSE catalogue.