Subject: rpc.bootparamd & rbootd on sparc
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex <alex@chaotic.MIT.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/31/1996 05:41:22
Hi--

I'm running NetBSD 1.1 on a Sun 4/260.  We've been using it to netboot
a couple of Sun 3/60s running Xkernel, which worked just fine.  I was
trying to install NetBSD on an HP 9000-370, which required that I run
rbootd on the Sun 4.  So the relevant lines in my /etc/netstart read:

bootparamd_flags=""
rbootd_flags=""

When I reboot the Sun 4 this way, the HP finds its boot blocks just
fine .... but the Sun 3 sits there looking for its bootparams server.
If I kill the rbootd from the Sun 4's console, the Sun 3 boots
immediately.  (I also haven't been able to get the HP to netboot
with anything but the miniroot.)  So, it looks to me like the
sparc's rbootd interferes with its rpc.bootparamd.

Anyone have any clues about this?

Thanks in advance,

--Alex