Subject: Serial Port Programming
To: 'netbsd-help' <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Maier <JohnAM@datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/1996 14:52:00
I'm in need of help.

I have been pouring over the man pages on termios, ioctl, etc.  Then I
checked out the Using C on the UNIX System book, and it seems just a bit
dated, and is actually worthless on port control.  I went to the
/usr/share/docs for help and was very disappointed.

So where do I go for good documentation on serial programming?

>From what I see, termios seems the way to go, but the documentation is
spread all over the place, and I seem to have to just run into the
information.

I've looked at the source for tip/cu and getty but the programs go about
opening the port differently.  Then after looking at sliplogin, there is
the whole issue of POSIX or not.

Help!

jam