Subject: Re: Postgres for netbsd?
To: D. Jay Newman <jay@qabalah.cac.psu.edu>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <azcb0@sde.uts.amdahl.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/30/1996 08:48:05
> I am having trouble porting the latest version of postgres over to netbsd
> (current, i386).
>
> If anybody has done this before, I would appreciate the help. (I would
> even more appreciate a set of diffs or a modified working source.)  :)
>
> There is a dozen chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies for the one who helps. :)

I'm very surprised that you're having trouble, as all versions of pg95
that have been released should compile out of the box on NetBSD/i386.

There are two problems that I've seen reported on the pg95 lists:

1.  flex 2.5.3 is buggy, and there's a README.flex file with pg95 that
shows how to get around this.

2.  GNU sed (2.0.5 perhaps, but definitely 3.0) is buggy - use the
good one in /usr/bin.

All this with -current of 17th August 1996, i386 platform, pg95 1.01.

So let's take this off-line - what exactly are the problems you're
running into?

Regards,
Alistair