Subject: How to configure Hayes ESP device?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Piet Tutelaers <P.T.H.Tutelaers@urc.tue.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/27/1996 23:25:14
I could not find any information that helps me in configuring an extra
COM port for my Hayes ESP card in the BSD FAQ and/or WWW. I tried to
build a kernel with the following parameters (NetBSD 1.0 if that may
play a role):
  device          com0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" irq 4
  device          com1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" irq 3
  # com2: Hayes ESP serial port
  device          com2    at isa? port "IO_COM3" irq 10

I could build the kernel. It got recognized by kermit. But nothing
happens. Kermit gets blocked. Can somebody help me out of my `silo
overflow' problems?

Would be very greatfull!

--Piet

PS: I do have some suggestions for the BSD FAQ. Where can I drop them?
My E-mail to Dave Burgess (burgess@cynjut.infonet.net) got bounced.

internet: rcpt@urc.tue.nl      __o      Piet Tutelaers
                             _`\<,_     Computer Center       Room  RC 1.82
phone:  +31 (0)40 2474541   (_)/ (_)    Eindhoven University of  Technology
fax:    +31 (0)40 2434438  Save nature  P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, NL