Subject: Re: compiling 1.1 kernel for ppp only
To: None <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
From: Robert Kennedy <robert@Theory.Stanford.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/24/1996 14:51:27
> I did (run make depend) ; I don't (absolutely... :-)

OK. I have an idea (based on a vague memory) of what your problem
could be. I think a problem similar to the one you're having is what
caused me to comment the following lines out of my config:

> options		NS		# XNS
> options		ISO,TPIP	# OSI
> options		EON		# OSI tunneling over IP
> options		CCITT,LLC,HDLC	# X.25

Try commenting them out (along with the ed0 line) unless you know you
need them, and see what you get.

> I'm just curious as to why it failed the 1st time.  My
> guess would be that "GATEWAY" would add the missing modules; I didn't
> define that since I thought that implied my machine being a router for
> other hosts.

It doesn't; you shouldn't; it does (not a router, maybe, but a packet
forwarder).

	-- Robert