Subject: setting printer options in lpr
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/21/1996 09:14:08
I'm moving some printer queues from SVR3 boxes to my NetBSD system
because we got some printer sharing devices that use lpd.  The SVR3 lp
scripts (which I wrote) take options for setting pitch and text quality
and pass these as the escape codes needed by the specific printer.

I'll admit total igorance as to tweaking lpr queues, so could someone
point me toward methods of doing the above?  I have set up different
printcap entries for different printers.  This is a possible method for
the different pitches (epson-10, epson-12), but how do I transmit the
escape sequences in this case?

Sorry if this is pretty basic, but `man printcap' is not very helpful...
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"