Subject: Re: The usage of NetBSD
To: None <Wu_Fai@411.uptown.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/16/1996 15:04:35
>From: Wu_Fai@411.uptown.com (Wu Fai)
>Date: 16 Aug 1996 14:01:06 GMT

>I had succeffully installed and run the NetBSD 1.1 on my Machintosh IIsi
>machine but many command cannot be performed and the System echo me a message
>of that is a "Read only System". The problem let me cannot to "mkdir" "chmod"
>and also the "vi" also cannot be run.

If the message is something like:

/xxx: Read-only file system

Then you can fix the problem for the moment by issuing the command (as
root):

# mount -u /xxx

See the mount(8) man page for details.

For a permanent fix, look for a line in the /etc/fstab file that says:

/dev/yyy	/xxx	4.2	rw	1 1

If it says "ro" instead of "rw", replace the "ro" with "rw".  See the
fstab(5) man page for details.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>