Subject: Re: user access control scripts
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@hotdog.satech.net.au>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/07/1996 02:34:13
> I need a program which allows me to control user access time on my
> dial-in lines (PPP / SLIP) and gives me a statistical overview on the
> line usage.

Well, 'ac' can do something of the latter, if invoked properly.
However, to use that output to do something 'useful' could be
problematic.  8-)

If you want a better-suited statistical overview, you might take 'ac',
and whack it until it outputs what you want...

For controlling user access time, i dunno.  Sounds like a 'special'
login shell that 'did the right things' (including logging time in a
useful format, and hanging up the connection if a time limit is
reached, and invoking a 'normal' login shell) would be useful, and
shouldn't be too hard to write...  Something has to exist, but i dunno
what and/or where.

chris