Subject: Re: upgrade from freebsd to netbsd
To: francis yeung <fyeung@netific.com>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/05/1996 08:04:59
On Aug 4, 10:04pm, francis yeung wrote:
} Greetings,
} 	I have just downloaded NetBSD 1.1 - source + everything into
} 	a directory under FreeBSD. Is there a way that I can upgrade
} 	my FreeBSD system  into NetBSD directly ?
} 	Thank you for your help.
} 	Francis

I'm going through something similar, although I have FB on a SCSI drive
and NB on an IDE drive.  I can see an MSDOS portion of the IDE drive
with NB, and an MSDOS partition of the SCSCI drive with FB, so I copied
files with this 3 step method.  I also can mount the /usr partition of
the NB system as a partition under FB and write files that way.

FreeBSD complained about the disklabel and would not allow me to see
the NetBSD root partition, but I guess it liked the /usr one well
enough...
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"