Subject: Re: workman 1.2.2a and Sony CDU76S-81
To: Jim Bachesta <bachesta@net-serve.com>
From: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@gotham.accurate-automation.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/30/1996 10:18:43

> I just picked up a  Sony 4x SCSI CDROM from Egghead softare for $69.95.
> Seems like a great deal. I'm trying to get workman 1.2.2a to work with
> it. It seems to Read the Music CD data. I can certainly mount CD 9660 volumes.
> but under workman there's no audio. Has anyone had luck in getting this to
> work with NetBSD 1.1?

   I have the same drive attached to a Buslogic 445C.  I can not get it to
   play music either.  I get a console message telling me "bt0:  illegal
   something-or-other".  I also CAN mount 9660 volumes but I am unable
   to get the stupid thing to play.

   If anyone is out there that can help us please let us know.  I have some
   detailed doc's about the SCSI commands for this drive (I think) and
   they appear to be SCSI 2?  Could it be a that they lie?  ;)

   Thanks,

   Brad

--
-| bcolbert@aac.accurate-automation.com |----------------------------------