Subject: Re: Firewall
To: ciccio <ciccio@milagro.dirac.es>
From: Randolph C. Nicklas <rcn@mci.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/25/1996 11:12:55
Ciccio,

I can recommend the TIS Firewall tool kit (haven't used it under
NetBSD, but shouldn't be a problem). See http://www.tis.com.
In addition to s/w, TIS has several documents to get you oriented.
Also, "Firewalls and Internet Security" by Cheswick & Bellovin
is an excellent text on network security.

					Randy

On Fri, 24 May 1996, ciccio wrote:

> Hi,
> I would need a firewall for our tiny NetBSD network. Is there anywhere a
> good document which gets me started? I'm thinking of a ix86 based
> computer; if it is dedicated just to this task, how powerful should it
> be? I expect a net traffic for about 70% of a 128kB frame relay line
> (not always).
>
> Thanks
> ciccio

Randolph C. Nicklas				MCI Telecommunications
vBNS Engineering				2100 Reston Parkway
Phone: 703.715.7099				Reston, VA 22091
Fax: 703.715.7066				Pager: 703.219.8457