Subject: Configuring ethernet board
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Hollow (3Y0) <ph-a@ugrad.cs.york.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/24/1996 14:18:03
Hi y'all (again...)

I'm trying to get my new ethernet card to work, but i'm not having much luck.
The card is a Kingston Technologies KNE2000LC, which is NE2000 compliant.
Having defined the device ed2 in my kernel config (base address 300, IRQ 10)
and recompiling the kernel, the system refuses to recognise the card.

When i try "ifconfig ed2 inet 1.2.3.4" i get an error msg something like
"error: SIOCFFLAGS: device not configured".  I have also tried "MAKEDEV ed2"
but i don;t think that ethernet devices have an entry in /dev (or am i wrong?).

Any ideas?

Paul

--

  _   _ ___  ph-a @ minster.york.ac.uk    C=  /// There's no such thing