Subject: RE: Which Netscape?
To: 'Brett Lymn' <blymn@awadi.com.AU>
From: John Maier <johnam@beta.datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/17/1996 09:35:32
That's not true.  The Atlas Netscape build for BSDI supports
Java and works just fine under NetBSD.

Also, from what I gather, BSDI binaries execute more efficiently
than Linux binaries under NetBSD.  So avoid the Linux Netscape.

Also, an extra reason to avoid using the Linux Netscape is for
statistical purposes.  Everytime you connect to a WWW you'll be
telling the site you support Linux!  Currently then BSDI Netscape
can't tell it is running on NetBSD 1.1 (without patching), but at
you wont be declaring a false support.
jam