Subject: Re: Upgrade problem (X windows/msdos mount)
To: None <bcolbert@gotham.accurate-automation.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/13/1996 16:29:07
>From: Brad Colbert <bcolbert@gotham.accurate-automation.com>
>Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 01:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

>   I finally upgraded to 1.1 from 1.0.  I can't say it has gone smoothly.
>
>   One major problem is that I can no longer mount my DOS partition.  It
>   gives me a bad argument error each time.

Make sure that the partition type is set to MSDOS in the disklabel.

>   Another is that xterms are giving me an "error 23: Inappropriate ioctl
>   for device".  I'm running 3.1.1 should I install a newer version?

That might help.  Also make sure to include COMPAT_43 in your kernel
options; xterm uses the sgtty interface.

>   Do I need to install a newer version of 1.1? (if there is one, what
>   I installed comes from about the time of the first release of 1.1)?

You should apply patch001 to your 1.1 kernel sources.  Among other
things, it eliminated the xterm stair-stepping problem.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>