Subject: Re: How to compile xpaint 2.1.1?
To: None <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
From: Cave Newt <roe2@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/09/1996 00:48:31
> As a side note, Greg Roelofs (Cavenewt) has been tinkering with adding
> support for PNG images to XPaint.  I volunteered to test out his
> changes, so perhaps this is the chance to fix other bugs as well.

I'm hoping to get back to that very soon; we've just released Zip and
UnZip (finally, sigh), so I have more time to work on other things.

But in the meantime, note that XPaint 2.2 has been released by someone
other than the original author.  He announced it quite recently in
comp.os.linux.announce, and much of his changes involved various bug-
fixes.  Give it a try and see how it works for you...  (I haven't had
time to compile it yet, but I'll try tomorrow.  Sorry, I don't have the
URL handy, but the article should still be in c.o.l.a on most servers.)

--
Greg Roelofs                "Name an animal that's small and fuzzy."  "Mold."
newt@uchicago.edu     or     http://quest.jpl.nasa.gov/Info-ZIP/people/greg/