Subject: Still not working
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: ciccio <ciccio@milagro.dirac.es>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/08/1996 19:53:53
Hi.

I'm suffering from persisting core dumps compiling and running certain
software packages. At this stage I'm using the building of gcc-2.7.2 as
test.

Some have tried to help me suggesting a) to change all kind of hardware
(because of signals 11), and b) to disable optimization while compiling.

The compile process almost always core dumps using ./genattr, but some
times building the stage 1 compiler, some times in the second step. In
the first step the `optimization flag' is -g (when I tried to test this
point, I couldn't reach the second step).

A tend more and more to thinks there is a software problem possibly in
the kernel, so may be un ALR Business Veisa isn't compatible with NetBSD.
Isn't there someone who could guide me in proving or negating this theory?
Which parts of the kernel could be responable for such a behaviour? How
could I use the dumped cores to find out what is actually happening.
May be it's a problem with libraries (came with gcc-2.4.5) that could
be buggy? (Which would leave many other questions without answer).

Thanks,
ciccio