Subject: Re: How to compile xpaint 2.1.1?
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@phoenix.ai.mit.edu>
From: Webmaster Jim <jspath@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/08/1996 07:46:16
On May 8,  2:02am, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:
} What do I have to hack in XPaint 2.1 package to set it up OK for NetBSD 1.1
} and XFree86 3.1.2?  I have already corrected many small things that allow
} me to compile and install it, but it then dumps core (as the result of
} segmentation faults) every time that I will start editing a new file or try
} to load anything from the disk.  It seems that it just can't open the
} drawing window.
}
} Has anyon been throuh it?  How can I solve this?

I use XPaint with NetBSD 1.1 on a daily basis.  When I had less system
and video ram, I had problems as described.  XPaint will also reliably
crash if I attempt to resize an existing image.  When other
applications are using a lot of colors, XPaint will refuse to load.

As a side note, Greg Roelofs (Cavenewt) has been tinkering with adding
support for PNG images to XPaint.  I volunteered to test out his
changes, so perhaps this is the chance to fix other bugs as well.
--
I don't speak (or work) for the Baltimore County Public Library.
They keep telling me, "Shhhhh!"