Subject: RE: I've got PAP working, now PPP CHAP mode...
To: 'ciccio' <ciccio@milagro.dirac.es>
From: John Maier <johnam@beta.datastorm.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/06/1996 08:28:11
Never mind I figured it out. =20

PAP is a dual key authintication system, i.e. username, password, but =
the data is unencrypted.

CHAP is a dual key authintication system, i.e. no username, just a =
password, in this case the data is encrypted.  Since there is just one =
piece of data, using the system username/password authintication doesn't =
seem possible.

After reviewing the two authintication systems, I am more inclined to =
stay with PAP, it is easier to administer at track.

jam