Subject: Core dumps compiling huge packs
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: ciccio <ciccio@milagro.dirac.es>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/03/1996 16:34:42
After posting some questions in netbsd-help, giles@nemeton recommends reposting
the following message to the list. So I do. Previously he recommended to
disable the external cache, which I uninstalled. There is another quite
strange behaviour I observed: If y issue
	ifconfig ed0 inet 194.224.142.3
followed by
	ifconfig ed0 inet 194.224.142.4 alias
I get a response similar to:
	ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: file exists
but if I repeat exactly the same line inmediately, I succeed and get ping
the aliased IP doesn't respond on the same machine).

> From giles@nemeton.com.au Fri May  3 15:18:16 1996

> On Fri, 3 May 1996 14:08:42 +0200 (MET DST)  ciccio wrote:
>
> > I tried to recompile gcc-2.7.2 and receive:
> > 	Segmentation fault - core dumped
> > 	*** Error code 139
>
> Hmm.  I'm unsure about this.  Looking at <sys/wait.h> however
> suggests that the signal was in fact signal 11.  Please post the
> above two lines to the mailing list and see what the experts say.
>
> There is nothing special about signal 11, by the way, just that it is
> a popular symptom of broken hardware. :-(
>
> Regards,
>
> Giles

Could I get some expert's advice?

Thanks,