Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: eddie (e.) law <eddiel@bnr.ca>
From: Jukka Partanen <jtp@cs.hut.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/25/1996 09:26:23
eddie e. law writes:
> We are installing NetBSD 1.1 on a Pentium 133 machine (purchased from
> Gateway 2000, model P5-133).  However, it seems that when we boot from
> kcadp11.fs, it does not recognize the Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI controller
> (which connects to Seagate ST32450N 2G hard drive).

	NetBSD 1.1 will recognize the 2940 but not the 2940U. The fix
	is trivial if you can compile your kernels (just take the PCI
	device id stuff from current). I did it and our NFS server
	works like a charm with NetBSD1.1/i386 and an Adaptec 2940U.

	jtp

There's a little picture of ED MCMAHON doing BAD THINGS to JOAN RIVERS
 in a $200,000 MALIBU BEACH HOUSE!!