Subject: Re: What network card do you prefer?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/02/1996 19:28:37
[snip]

>P.S. If you had PCI, I'd recommend the SMC EtherPower.  :) :)
>
>--
>================================================================================
>! Tim Liddelow (http://www.cst.com.au/~tim)                        _--_|\      !
>! Software Engineer / Systems Administrator                       /      \     !
>! Creative Software Technologies                                  \_.--.*/     !
>! Phone:    +61 3 9587 1444          UNIX, C++/OOP, C, X11,             v      !
>! email:    tim@cst.com.au           Networking, WWW, consulting               !

I am very happy with my new EtherPower card.  The performance seems to
be fine [I am serving a diskless Sun from my Intel box], and it does
not appear to cause the problems that a previous AT&T Starlan 10 card
caused with the ISA bus [most of the time when a packet for the
Starlan card came in, bytes serial port PPP connection to my service
provider would be lost].

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org   http://anduin.eldar.org