Subject: Re: scsi controller
To: None <curfman@cards.com>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@tri-media.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/02/1996 18:23:44
Brian,

I tried a 2940 in NetBSD 1.1.  I couldn't get the kernel to recognize it
at all!  I remeberd hearing that older 2940's had a bug in them.  I
wondered if maybe NetBSD was designed around the faulty card.  Anyway, I
happened to have an older one lying around, so I popped it in, and it's
worked beautifully ever since (and it's a news server - lots of SCSI
action)... Sorry, I'm not by the computer with the card, I can't check
the dates for you...  I think it as a 94 that worked, and a 95 that didn't.

Rick

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996 curfman@cards.com wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a new computer and would like to
> know if anyone has an Adaptec 2940 controller working with
> NetBSD.
>
> Please reply directly to curfman@cards.com
>
> Thanks
> --
> Brian Curfman
> Senior Software Engineer
> Strictly Business Computer Systems, Inc.
> Software Engineering Division
>
> PROJECTS:
> National Software Data and Information Repository (NSDIR)
>
> CONTACT INFORMATION:
> email : bkcurfma@sbcs.com
>         curfman@cards.com
> SBI  phone : (304) 366-8246
> SBI  fax   : (304) 366-8350
> NASA phone : (304) 367-8407

> MAIL: mailto:curfman@cards.com

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                System Admin, Tech Support
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/