Subject: Re: Has anyone got xcdplayer to compile for NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/02/1996 02:35:58
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.netbsd-help: 1-Apr-96 Re: Has
anyone got xcdplaye.. by "Charles M. Hannum"@mit.
> I haven't looked at xcdplayer, but the next version of xmcd (due RSN)
> should have NetBSD support.  Workman does already, but I haven't
> looked at the latest version, so I don't know how well it works.

    workman compiled without any problems for me, but it doesn't seem to
be very happy.  Some of the controls (i.e. volume) don't work, and many
syslogs are made (when you see "last message repeated 212 times", I
think things aren't doing very well...  =)  But it plays my CD's okay
(though LOUD).  I don't know if the volume is set by the sound board (I
have a SB Pro), or the drive (mine is a Sanyo CRD-254SH), but it just
doesn't work.  Eject doesn't work, either.  But most other things seem
to.

                                                          Will Ferry

William O Ferry <woferry@WarpDrive.COM> | finger:  woferry@WarpDrive.COM
http://www.warpdrive.com/~woferry/      | talk:  finger for online status